Thursday, December 06, 2007

How did it come to this?

Where is the Fred and the Rudy?  Where is the straight talk express? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like a wind in the meadow...

So, apparently Gov. Mike Huckabee is now in the lead in the Iowa polls. I have two comments. First, I agree with Ace that this is bad news for Romney. My homeboy Mitt has put over seven million dollars into Iowa and if he doesn't win, his campaign will be mortally wounded. This would kill his chances of getting a veep nod, or probably even a cabinet seat.

Second, how many former governors of Arkansas can we as a country allow to become presidents of the United States? Seriously, people. My preference would have been zero. We can't help the fact that we've already had one, but let's not do two.

Frackin' razorbacks.

Which reminds me: I have a movie to watch. Sweet.

--JOHANNES CLERK

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was pretty bummed for Romney when I started reading the after speech reviews. I wonder if he still really has a fighting chance.

I was always a little skepitcal. I knew the Mormonsim thing would be a hang up. Unfortunate for America. What Amreicans don't realize is that Mormons are already doing a pretty good job running a lot of America already.

I just don't get it. They will elect what 7 Mormon Senators serving right now, but put in another freak of nature from Arkansas as President?

the House of Payne said...

I think Romney's speech went over pretty well. There are always those who can't be pleased, but I think it was good enough to neutralize the issue.

Still, Mike Huckabee? This guy? I just can't see him as a serious contender.