Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Readers of the imaginary

I haven't done much posting this year. (My last two posts languished unpublished in the Blogspot editor for weeks.) Sorry about that, imaginary readers. You deserve better. I don't know that you'll get it, but you deserve it.

So anyhow, one of the things that's been keeping me busy is a book. I was hired last year to write a novel based on a movie. I know a guy who makes movies, and he wanted to try releasing a novelization together with his next film. We've talked to a publisher, and they seem interested, so I think this book is actually going to get made. Pretty cool, right?

I now have more than 70,000 words written, and I think I'll have the first draft wrapped up in another week or so. I'm super excited about this, but also a little nervous. I'm pretty confident in my ability to write a good sentence, a good paragraph, even a good chapter, but I've never written a whole novel before. So I am less confident that I have got the big things right, like plot and character arcs.

It's just a first draft, of course, and hopefully it will get better as I revise it over the coming months. Which is where you come in, my dear imaginary readers. I'd love to get your feedback. If you have time for a the whole book, great. If all you have time for is a chapter or two, also great. I have some that could use some polishing. So if you want to help out, or just offer a few words of encouragement, drop me a line.

As for the rest of you, don't worry, I'll keep you posted. Eventually.

--NICKY GEORGE

No comments: