Monday, January 16, 2012

Movie review: Special sand-blasted skyscraper edition

Before leaving Nephi and returning to the land of twelve dollar movie tickets, the Princess and I took in one last show: Mission: Impossible: 4: Ghost: Protocol, starring Tom Cruise and some people or whatever.

I liked this. Lots of people said this was the best Mission Impossible movie, and although I still like the first one best, this one was definitely more fun than the previous two. (Sorry, Thandie Newton. Sorry, Philip Seymour Hoffman.)

I liked that this was a little less focused on Tom Cruise, and allowed his co-stars to shine. I particularly enjoyed Simon Pegg, but that's because I particularly enjoy Simon Pegg. Teeny little Jeremy Renner was also quite good-- good enough to convince me to see him in the Bourne Anti-penultimatum.

Anyway, part of me wants to give this four stars, but they spent like ten minutes at the end sitting around a cafe chatting with Tom Cruise, which I did not care about in the least, so I'm going to give it three stars and a cup of coffee.

Suck on that, Tom Cruise.

--MAJOR BLUDD

No comments: