Just a bunch of stuff
So, it's Thanksgiving. RB is at her sister's in Atlanta (the other sister, not the one who wanted my chili recipe). And I am trying not to think about all the pie in the fridge. So, basically, I'm bored and grouchy.
Time for a link-fest!
* Did you know that Africa + South America = Dinosaur? Because it does.
* Did you know that European children are just as stupid as American children? Because they are.
* Lots of straight lines on maps are crooked, sometimes because the surveyors were drunk.
* Iraqis are relying on high-tech dowsing rods to detect bombs at security checkpoints.
* Good news for RB: Catching up on lost sleep works, according to a new study.
* My friend Marc is in a BBC documentary you can listen to online. I myself was once interviewed by the campus newspaper. Well, not the official campus newspaper, just something some students were putting out. But, you know, it was still a big deal.
* New favorite blog to waste fifteen minutes with: Asian Poses, documenting the ways Asians (particularly Japanese and Koreans) pose when someone points a camera at them.
* Aliens do not love synthesizer music as much as you have been led to believe.
* Do you feel like eating fast food, but you're not sure where to go? Wonder no longer!
* Speaking of food, a farmer speaks up on Thanksgiving about the miracle that is modern agriculture. (Thank you!)
* Apparently, pink is the new black. (Yes, I know. Lazy hack joke. But it's late.)