Some stuff I read about
* Some guy rates movie trilogies. He's mostly right, although totally wrong about Beneath the Planet of the Apes.
* The SciFi channel is changing its name to SyFy. John Scalzi has even better reasons for thinking this is stupid than I do.
* Dave Arneson, co-creator of Dungeons & Dragons, has passed away. Nerds, pour out a Mountain Dew for a fallen brother.
* The last book in the Wheel of Time series is going to be released in three volumes, with the first being released this November. Hooray!
Wastes of time:
* Ever wonder what anagrams could be made from your name? Wonder no longer! My favorites: Jean Navy Did Hop, A Hand-Jived Pony, Vend Any Jihad Op.
* Robot Chicken video clips from Adult Swim. Awesome!
* Japanese people are paying money to hang out with cats. Oddly enough, this insane new fad from Japan appears to have nothing to do with sex.
* French people who are afraid of getting fired lock up their bosses until they get what they demand. Apparently, kidnapping is not a crime over there. (Although I would advise French people to beware of Liam Neeson.)
* Swedes + Guidos = Swedos!
* Yet more proof that Brazilian prisons are the world's crappiest. Or that Brazilian prisoners are the world's awesomest.
BONUS: Cry havoc and unleash the scooters of war!
SUPER EXTRA DOUBLE BONUS TIME WASTER SUPREME : TV Tropes!