Saturday, April 25, 2009

Google is ruining everything!

The old internet is dying, and it is all Google's fault-- somehow.

When I first returned from my mission in 1894, I got a free CD in the mail and installed America Online on the computer that had been handed down from my father to my sister to me. (Its hard drive held less than 100 MB.)

I put up my first personal web page there on AOL, and when I left I exported my web page to Geocities. A few years down the road, Yahoo purchased Geocities, and that made me happy because I thought Yahoo was a company with staying power.

Then I stopped updating my webpage. And I guess everyone else did, too. And now Yahoo is dropping the axe. In a few months, Geocities will be dead. It's sad. But I guess the internet changes.

Even worse, Yahoo killed Launchast a few months ago. I'd been using that site for almost ten years, and had rated tens of thousands of songs on the way to building the most awesome personal internet radio station in existence. Now it's all gone.

Thanks a lot, internet.

--DAS SCHMERZHAUS

PS - Enjoy this before Yahoo buys it and kills it, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of human infection with swine influenza and influenza-like symptoms after a similar, patients developed symptoms of fever, cough, fatigue, loss of appetite and so on. In the area of prevention at this stage is not necessary to runescape gold against human influenza vaccines, because prevention is the prevention of seasonal influenza vaccine do not have the effect of swine flu. The correct approach is to develop good personal hygiene, adequate sleep, the runescape money hard-working exercisesneezing and cough should not cover your mouth and nose with tissue paper; maintain indoor ventilation.High incidence of the disease, incubation period of 2 to 7 days, about 1 week duration. Diseased incidence of early sudden fever,runescape accounts, loss of appetite or waste must often recline together, not activities, difficulty in breathing, violent coughing, mucus outflow. Period of treatment if the disease is not timely,increased pig mortality.

the House of Payne said...

Thank you, spambot. That's very informative.