Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Whole lotta links

I've meant to write about all of these things, but there are others who clamor for my attention. Such is the life of the rock star of the academy. I give and give, but it's never enough for my fans. So instead of my own peerless insight, here are a bunch of things for you to read, written by lesser men and women. (Sorry, imaginary readers.)

-----------------------------

WORLD NEWS LINKS

* Things are getting better in Iraq.

* However, one scholar believes that the US and its major allies may be at a disadvantage in future conflicts due to declining demographic power. Interesting!

AMERICAN POLITICS LINKS

* There are probably two or three times more illegal immigrants in the US than the previous, widely-accepted estimate of 12-15 million.

* Cubans are fleeing to the US in record numbers, many of them through Mexico.

* I'm not a big fan of Bill Clinton, but I like to give credit where credit is due, and I'm sure glad that the former president has no qualms about shutting down insane conspiracy theorists. Nice job!

RELIGION LINKS

* Apparently, even very moderate drinking is not good for you, or so one study says. Well, I guess it's time for me to start obeying the Word of Wisdom, since scientists know best.

* Speaking of science, here's a good scientific reason to abandon our irrational love of music. Awesome!

NERD LINKS

* Even though I know how this test works, and I can point it out to others, I still can only see this optical illusion the way that other right-brained people can. I'm just too darned sensitive and emotional!

* Frackin' Battlestar Galactica is pushing back the debut of season four until April 2008. Felgercarb!

FINANCE LINKS

* If you suspect that restaurant servers are committing credit card fraud to get extra tip money out of you, you might be a delusional paranoid. But just in case, here's a clever way to protect yourself.

-----------------------------

Sorry I'm not writing more, but I am needed elsewhere. What can I say? My talents are in high demand. Time to share the love.

--SEAN PATRICK O'PAGAN

1 comment:

Sam said...

I don't see how anyone could possibly see the dancer rotating the counter-clockwise direction. it's the wrong answer.